Like a bloody storm, Charlemagne’s armies ravage early medieval Europe, leaving devastation and misery in their wake. They have subdued the kingdom of the Langobards, defeated the duchy of Bavaria; they threaten the Moors in the west and, in the south, the pope in Rome.
Yet Charlemagne has even more ambitious plans: he covets the Saxon territories in the north. The Saxons put up an unexpectedly fierce resistance. When Charlemagne’s troops destroy the Irminsul shrine, the Saxon holy of holies, there ensues a struggle to the death. Led by the legendary Duke Widukind, for decades the Saxons fight savagely for their beliefs and their independence. And they will have their revenge...
Honour and Glory will transport the reader right into this legend-shrouded part of the Early Middle Ages. With his story, Rory Liam Elliott has woven a a rich, dark tapestry of one the pivotal periods in medieval European history. His historically accurate descriptions rich in authentic detail bring this remote, mysterious world to life again before your very eyes.
Go ahead, stoke the fire in the hearth, draw your armchair closer and dive into this wonderful historical novel full of the love, the intrigue, the warriors and the battles of a bygone Europe…
health expert, T.C. Hale (aka Tony Hale). Not only will Tony have you
laughing out loud while he reveals the secrets behind weight loss and
how the human body functions, you will also learn how to look at your
own body chemistry to understand the underlying cause of YOUR weight
issues. Since the reasons for weight gain vary from person to person,
once you understand what is going on with your chemistry, this book will
help you understand what foods, supplements, or lifestyle changes could
eliminate your need to continue buying bigger pants.
* How Can I Protect My Computer? Unfortunately, malicious software is a reality today. Learn what all those terms mean and how you can protect yourself.
* Why Is My Computer So Slow? This is the most common complaint heard when dealing with technology. Learn how to address this yourself simply and safely.
* How Can I Surf The Web Safely? It is hard to imagine life before the Internet. Learn how to do so safely and securely for you and your family.
* What Do All These Terms Mean? Ever notice how the local computer nerd speaks a language all their own? Read on to remove the mystery of these terms with simple, easy to understand descriptions.
* How Do I Set Up Wireless At Home? Wireless networking has become as common as the cold. Learn the proper way to configure and secure your wireless network.
"Don't Throw IT ~ Get To Know IT" is designed to teach the "normal" user how to use their computers safely and securely, Using analogies and light humor the author will guide you through the common issues faced daily when dealing with that silicon monster on the desk before them.
By pointing out the many free utilities and services out there, you can gain control over your technology in ways many only thought available to large corporations or those speaking "advanced nerd". Using your computer safely and securely should not have to cost you the proverbial arm and leg. For example, did you know you could have superb antivirus control without paying a cent? How about Internet monitoring to keep malicious sites from displaying on you or your children's computers or tablets? Even that can be yours free.
While designed with the computer novice in mind, even the computer geeks in the audience can learn from the items presented. While the material is geared toward the Windows user, Apple fans will find the information extremely valuable, as the principles and practices discussed affect all users of all operating systems.
Technology should be a tool and not a task.
...all presented in a way even the authors Mother-In-Law can understand!
Italian intelligence specialist Michael Visconte is shocked by the brutal murder of a Jesuit priest, who turns out to be a hedge fund manager for the Vatican. The victim, Father Matteo Pintozzi, achieved an unblemished record of extraordinary returns.
The next day, Michael is visited by two Jesuits who ask him to investigate the murder, and Michael soon finds himself in the middle of a struggle for power and control over the finances of the Vatican. Unfortunately, his lucky break—one that should provide critical evidence—blurs the line between good and evil and not only endangers the lives of Michael and the Jesuits, but also imperils the lives of his wife and children.
When the sun's rays no longer touch the jungle canopy, the ground below is plunged into darkness. The howler monkeys on cue cease their calling and all await in fear the visit of the Tulieveja and the spirits of long dead pirates and their victims. It is a time when those who experience such spirits are home with the doors and windows closed.
Here's a bit of what you'll see inside:-
* Bocas Superstitions about the dead, snakes, fishing, pirate treasure warnings and many more.
* Pirates in the Archipelago
* Tuliviejas (The Wailing Women)
* The Darklands
* Accounts of Experiences with Spirits from many Bocas del Toro Locals
* A Consequence of Disobeying the Instructions Given in a Dream
* A Bocas Shaman – The Snake Man
* and so much more...
Some of the local superstitions include:-
Peel an orange without a break and hand the peel on one side of the main window and then do the same again and place the second peel on the other side of the window. No evil spirit can pass between the two peels.
When you return to your house in the dark, stand before your door, turn about three times and enter backside first. That way no evil spirit can follow you inside.
If you sleep along in your bed, put a pillow in the empty space beside you or a ghost will climb into bed with you.
These great stories are a wonderful way to understand the culture and the traditions of this eclectic archipelago of islands and its colorful population. Put your feet up and enjoy Superstition, pirates, ghosts and folklore of Bocas del Toro, Panama.
Terror has left Skye Martindale muted and stunted for most of her seventeen years. Terrified of the dark Other that lives within her. The Other that must be suppressed and controlled. At all costs. Then one night an act of random violence unleashes a savagery so ferocious that she is forced to face who--and what--she really is.
Fear and grief have ravaged Deputy Sheriff Gene Martindale, leaving him cold and remote, haunted by the lies he has told the world--and himself--about his foundling sister. But now the lying is over and he has to protect his young son from Skye. Even if that means killing her.
For five long years Junior Cotton--the twisted sadist who slaughtered Gene's wife and unborn child--has been a caged animal. Now he's broken loose and he's coming after Gene and his sister. To take revenge and to reveal the truth about Skye. A truth that will damn her for eternity.
Now she has Sam North believing it. The story-hungry TV reporter starts nosing around and discovers what Jack Steele found out the hard way...asking questions can get you disturbing answers, maybe even killed.
- Is your mind causing you pain and suffering?
- Do you feel like it is a constant struggle to work towards your goals?
- Are there thoughts and patterns holding you back that you just can't seem to identify?
- Do you avoid going for your dreams because of reasons that you know make no "logical sense"?
- You will get a detailed understanding of how your psyche and beliefs function.
- You will learn 2 highly effective methods for identifying limiting beliefs and emotions that are currently stopping you.
- You will learn how to permanently delete and eliminate your current limiting beliefs.
- You will learn a very powerful method for installing new and empowering beliefs into your psyche.
This book will save you from going through life without ever truly tapping into your full potential...
The Mind-Made prison is one that we are all caught in, either knowingly or unknowingly, and this comprehensive guide explains how you can finally escape the iron grip of this prison.