Saturday 18 May 2013

Orangeberry FreeMe #323

Orangeberry FreeMe #323

image

Saturday, 18 May 2013

Readers - Please note that listed prices are accurate at the time of posting and are subject to change. Availability and prices may differ from country to country.

Please be aware that Today's Sponsor may not always be free.

Authors - If you would like your book(s) to be included in this daily listing, please click HERE

***Today’s Sponsor***

huntress moon - Alexandra Sokoloff

Amazon Kindle US

Amazon Kindle UK

Genre - Mystery Thriller

Rating - PG13

4.4 (84 reviews)

Free until 22 May 2013

From Thriller Award-winning author Alexandra Sokoloff - Book 1 in the riveting new Huntress FBI series about a driven FBI agent on the hunt for that most rare of all killers: a female serial.
FBI Special Agent Matthew Roarke is closing in on a bust of a major criminal organization in San Francisco when he witnesses an undercover member of his team killed right in front of him on a busy street, an accident Roarke can't believe is coincidental. His suspicions put him on the trail of a mysterious young woman who appears to have been present at each scene of a years-long string of "accidents" and murders, and who may well be that most rare of killers: a female serial.
Roarke's hunt for her takes him across three states...while in a small coastal town, a young father and his five-year old son, both wounded from a recent divorce, encounter a lost and compelling young woman on the beach and strike up an unlikely friendship without realizing how deadly she may be.
As Roarke uncovers the shocking truth of her background, he realizes she is on a mission of her own, and must race to capture her before more blood is shed.

The Choosing (Blood and Brotherhood Saga Book One)

The Choosing - Jeremy Laszlo

Amazon Kindle US

Amazon Kindle UK

Genre- Paranormal Fantasy

Rating - PG13

4.1 (102 reviews)

Free until 18 May 2013

Seth is a young man torn by fear and indecision. His life no longer in his hands, he fears an uncertain future where the only certainty is a life of servitude to the kingdom. Fortunately for Seth, he is not alone. His brother Garret too attends the choosing ceremony where their fates will be decided. Together the twins make their way to the castle city of Valdadore for the choosing ceremony but along the way Seth notices a strange new trend in his life.
Time after time strange circumstances befall him in what others might call a coincidence, but Seth knows something else is amiss and begins mentally cataloging each new and strange event. Learning his past is all a lie, Seth begins to fear more for his future as a dark goddess vies for his service to her cause. Seths loyalties and responsibilities begin to stack up as he makes friends and allies and even falls in love, but with the choosing ceremony growing ever nearer will he be forced to flee the kingdom into a life of exile, or choose to serve the goddess who swears that only through her will he find peace.

Thought Shredder - Chris Elliott

Amazon Kindle US

Amazon Kindle UK

Genre - Self-Help

Rating - G

5 (7 reviews)

Free until 19 May 2013

Discover the real you! For most of my life it was easy for me to say how much I hated my dad. What I didn’t realize was that those words and thoughts also pertained to me. If I hated him, I must also hate the part of me that is him. If I hate him I also hate me. It took a journey of identifying how much I really loved him before I could love me. I found my real purpose and my Authentic Self. It has been freeing and I can now overcome anything.
In June of 2006, my father passed away. I was 41 years old and had just lost my father. I hugged my wife seeking comfort for my loss. Then I realized I felt no loss. I held her tighter and longer; nothing. I hugged my children; still nothing. I finally realized that losing my father started when I was 5 years old. It started with that first slap across my face that caused my nose to bleed and it ended, or so I thought, with his death in a hospital bed in Arizona.
Between the ages of 5 and 41, I grew up physically and mentally, but was still immature emotionally. I spent many of those years haunted by the paranoia of becoming my father. I assumed that someday I would pass through some magical door or make some sort of anti-wish with a genie and wake up as my father. I questioned for years whether this similarity or that one meant I was becoming him.
I finally realized that I was him; and I was me. I am my father in some ways, I have to be. His genes are in me and I spent the first 11 years of my life with him. His behavior and his genetics are affecting me. I am 5’ 7” tall on a good day, have his green eyes, dark hair that is struggling to stay with me and have near-sightedness, just like he did. Physically I have taken on many of his traits without control over them. I just am part of him. Once I realized I was also part of him emotionally and behaviorally, I could then break through the paranoia of being him and allow myself to be me. I first had to realize that being me meant being him too.

The Bashful Vampire Murder - Bob Frey

Amazon Kindle US

Amazon Kindle UK

Genre - Crime

Rating - G

4.5 (17 reviews)

Free until 19 May 2013

Double your pleasure, double your fun with a Frank Callahan Mystery Twofer. Frank Callahan is a gay LAPD detective who first appeared in the free-for-all mystery, The DVD Murders. He and his long-term friend and partner, Detective Barry Jennings, are back in two contemporary crime fiction stories that will keep you guessing all the way.
The Bashful Vampire Murder begins where most vampire tales end: in the apprehension of a vampire hunter right after he has driven a stake through his quarry’s heart. The defense attempts to prove that vampires exist and the homicide was justified. To Callahan’s horror, the trial ends in a hung jury. Only the resourcefulness and savvy of the tough cynical detective stand between justice and the killer being allowed to walk.
In the Comic Book Murders, the two flatfoots run the gamut of superhero and villain suspects, from Captain America and the Caped Crusader to the Joker and Firebug until outstanding police work and dogged persistence lead them to the unlikely killer. On the way, we get to visit a kinetic comic book convention, the backstreets of Hollywood, and a firebombing in Westwood on Halloween eve.

******

The Buggy List - Courtney Rice

Amazon Kindle US

Amazon Kindle UK

Genre - Chick Lit

Rating - PG13

4.3 (39 reviews)

Free until 22 May 2013

Drew and Libby Sullivan have spent the past six years building the perfect life together. They have a beautiful home, flourishing careers, and they’re finally ready to take the plunge into parenthood. Well, almost. Despite the endless prodding from family, friends, and even strangers, there still seems to be something holding the couple back from starting a family. Perhaps that’s why they decide to take the advice of Libby’s older sister and make a list of everything they want to do before they have a baby. Making their baby bucket list, or as they call it, “The Buggy List”, buys them just a little more time to be Drew and Libby, who sleep in until noon on Saturdays and eat Chinese takeout for dinner on the couch. Besides, it gives Libby the opportunity to pull straight-laced Drew out of his comfort zone and do something fun for once; like go undercover as singles to a speed dating event with their friend, Tom; or finally take the honeymoon they never had. Drew and Libby each write down five items that they must complete before having a baby. But what starts out as a little harmless fun quickly becomes more than this couple bargained for. When secrets, little white lies, and competing desires threaten to pull them apart for good, Libby and Drew must rediscover why they fell in love in the first place.

The Courage Box - Tal Asheroy

Amazon Kindle US

Amazon Kindle UK

Genre - Children

Rating - G

4.9 (25 r

 

eviews)

Free until 20 May 2013

It’s not always easy to fall asleep. Especially when your teddy bear is afraid.
And even more so, when you find out that a scary monster is there in the room with you!
In cases like this, it’s a good thing to have your “courage box” at hand…
In this magical story your child will find the most amazing tool to deal with any night fear.
The “courage box” is a wonderful way to help your child find the strength and courage within, so that no monster can come near…

Love Bites - Adrienne Barbeau

Amazon Kindle US

Amazon Kindle UK

Genre - Paranormal

Rating - PG13

4.5 (29 reviews)

Free until 19 May 2013

A witty take on vampyres—and Hollywood. Not to mention love…
Ovsanna Moore is the star of 17 blockbuster horror films, a few not quite so successful, and 3 that went straight to video. She’s also a 450-year-old vampire, whose clan includes Orson Welles and Theda Bara and most of Hollywood’s A-list actors…but not too many people know that.
Peter King is the poster boy for hunky Beverly Hills police detectives. When he detects Ovsanna’s pearly whites are often times bloodied fangs, instead of borrowing his mother’s garlic and holy water, he asks Ovsanna for a date. And a romantic Christmas Eve turns into a holiday of horror. Right through New Year’s.
First the paparazzi, then the werewolves, then the agents, and the rougarou at the Sportsmen’s Lodge--everyone wants a piece of Ovsanna. Literally. And it doesn’t help that Ovsanna’s personal assistant and sometimes lover is using black magick to get rid of Peter.
Ovsanna calls on her clan, the Vampyres of Hollywood, to help her and Peter fight for their lives against a menagerie of supernatural beasts that give John Carpenter’s The Thing a run for its money. Love does more than just bite in this witty, vampire-thriller romance.
Barbeau's “Scream Queen” credentials make her the only author who could combine such a fast-paced, edgy plot with tongue-in-cheek references to the inner workings and vanity of Hollywood. A whirlwind of action, Love Bites is a hilarious and clever take on vampyres--as well as on Hollywood--that readers will never forget.

Autism Spectrum Disorder - Lita Ferrill

Amazon Kindle US

Amazon Kindle UK

Genre - Non Fiction, Parenting

Rating - G

4.5 (19 reviews)

Free until 21 May 2013

Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Parent’s Guide To Understand An Autistic Child Why Autism Spectrum Disorder Can Be Overcome
Nowadays it seems that more and more children are being diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder especially boys. A lot of research is being conducted to try and determine the underlying causes of the condition and also to find the best methods to deal with the condition. “Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Parent’s Guide To Understand An Autistic Child” not only outline the various forms of autism that can be found on the spectrum but also focuses a bit on related conditions.
In addition to all of that the current successful methods of treatment are outlined for parents and other interested persons to read. The challenge with autism is that so much remains unknown about the disorder.
The author being a high functioning autistic herself is well aware of this and has included as much relevant information as she can about autism and the related disorders. It is not about getting parents to worry excessively. The aim of the book is to arm them with the necessary information so that they will be able to make note of any strange behaviors in their child and to get the diagnosis as early as possible as the earlier intervention can be imposed, the better it will be for everybody.

9th Amendment - Jonna Ivin

Amazon Kindle US

Amazon Kindle UK

Genre - Crime Fiction

Rating - PG13

4.5 (17 reviews)

Free until 20 May 2013

Attorney Lauren Atkinson has spent her career defending death row criminals. When a murder hits close to home and clues tie her to an old forgotten case, Lauren must stop at nothing to find the killer.
With her marriage crumbling and her life in shatters she begins to question everything she has been fighting for. Will her views on the death penalty change once the killer is revealed?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Books Sold - 6 Nov 2011 to 31 May 2012

Some of you have asked me for my total number of books sold to evaluate KDP Select so here it is. Bear in mind, that results will vary based on genre and author. Good luck and remember, Keep Moving Forward.

Total - 120,836

1. Excuse Me, My Brains Have Stepped Out
Amazon Kindle - 42,559
Paperback -
Smashwords -

2. Frequent Traveller
Amazon Kindle - 35277
Paperback -
Smashwords -

3. Dora's Essentials - Books, Blogs & Smiles 1
Amazon Kindle - 462
Smashwords -

4. Mirror Me Martha (Short Story)
Amazon Kindle - 281
Smashwords -

5. Drive On Hope (Short Story)
Amazon Kindle - 190
Smashwords -

6. Blog-A-Licious Directory 2012
Amazon Kindle - 1
Smashwords -

7. Pandora's Reading Room 1
Amazon Kindle -
Paperback - N/A

8. The Cat That Barked (Short Story)
Amazon Kindle -

9. Dora's Essentials - Examining Anxiety
Amazon Kindle -

10. Dora's Essentials - Books, Blogs & Smiles 2
Amazon Kindle -

11. Elevenses from Around the World
Amazon Kindle -

12. Genetically Modified Foods vs. Sustainability
Amazon Kindle -

Blog-A-Licius - Sherbet Blossom

SherbetBlossom

Blog-A-Licious

Dealightfully Frugal

Blog-A-Licious - The Few, The Proud, The Wife

Blog-A-Licious

My Soul Slippers

Blog-A-Licous - Textbook Mommy

Blog-A-Licious - Blue Frogs Legs

Blog-A-Licious - Pretty All True

Pretty All True

Blog-A-Licious - tbaoo

tbaoo

Blog-A-Licious

Powered by BannerFans.com

Blog-A-Licious - The Invisible Art

Blog-A-Licious - Rediscovering Domesticity

Rediscovering Domesticity

Blog-A-Licious - Quiver Full

Blog-A-Licious - Cori's Big Mouth

Blog-A-Licious - Great Fun

Greatfun4kids

Blog-A-Licious - Busy Wife

Blog-A-Licious - Steps To Happiness

Powered by BannerFans.com

Blog-A-Licious - Toby & Max


Blog-A-Licious - Amelie

Raising Amelie

Blog-A-Licious - Peas In A Pod

Blog-A-Licious - Riley

Blognostics - Poetry

BlogNostics

My Awards - September 2010

My Awards - September 2010
Awarded By Jo Frances

My Awards - May 2011

My Awards - May 2011
Awarded By Alejandro Guzman

My Awards - May 2011

My Awards - May 2011
Awarded by Kriti Mukherjee

My Awards - April 2011

My Awards - April 2011
Awarded By Roy Durham

My Awards - June 2011

My Awards - June 2011
Awarded By Sulekha Rawat

Book Blogs Community

Indie Author Blog Hop


indie author blog hop
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next

In Support Of

In Support Of

Support Me - KIVA

Celebrating Authors

Book Signing @

Read Me - E.Zine Articles

Copyscape

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software