Thursday 3 January 2013

#OBBigBang Orangeberry Big Bang - Consoling Angel by Denise Alicea



Updated on 28th December 2012


Tell us a bit about your family. I was born in Manhattan and raised in CT. Both of my parents are Puerto Rican. I’m also one of two children, me being the baby of the family.
What is your favorite quote, by whom, and why? “Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.”- James Dean. I think that Dean expressed so much about life that he had learned. I guess it’s about doing what you believe in and never to give up. It’s what I loved about him.
What are you most proud of accomplishing so far in your life? I would have to say being the first in my family to graduate college with two degrees.
What is your favorite color? Blue.
What’s your favorite place in the entire world? There is something about Ireland. I’ve never been, but I have a feeling I’d love it and not want to leave if I ever got the chance to visit.
Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? It originated from an aunt who loved the arts. She inspired me by writing a poem, so I thought to try my hand at it. After reading some books and having a mentor, I tried it. It has stuck ever since.
How long have you been writing? I have been writing since I was fifteen years old. I started writing poetry then moved onto my own stories.
What inspires you to write and why? Everything. Life inspires me as do the books that I read. I love the idea of telling stories. Id have to stay storytelling is in the DNA of every person.
What inspired you to write your first book? I got to reading a lot of history books and would read tons on the Celts and druids. That started my first novel which I am still editing.
What made you want to be a writer? I loved reading books and I wanted to share my own stories that I had in my head. Writing is a form of expression and it’s beautiful.
What do you consider the most challenging about writing a novel, or about writing in general? Writer’s block and procrastination because it’s the two things that any writer dreads to go through. Writing can be such a lonely profession.
Do you intend to make writing a career? I hope to because I enjoy doing it. I also enjoy helping others and reading is a way for people to escape once and a while.
What is your greatest strength as a writer? I would have to say plotting and creating characters.
Can you share a little of your current work with us? I have a short story coming out soon on an anthology with DCL. It’s titled Destined. Here is the blurb for it: Branwyn, born to the Celtic tribes,  fighting against the Romans was content to die in battle until she watched her betrothed die. Making matters worse, the Gods give her immortality to keep their ancient ways alive. Branwyn feels she will never see her beloved, Evan again. Angry, Branwyn hates her future. Branwyn now faces living throughout time without him. Will she ever see him again?
Who is your publisher? My current publisher is Dark Castle Lords, LLC.
Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? In Consoling Angel, it was about enjoying life because you don’t know what’s going to be handed to you. There can be bad things and loss in life, but there is always good as well.
Can we expect any more books from you in the future? Yes, I do have two novels and a couple of short stories on the way.
Have you started another book yet? Yes, I do have a poetry book I am working on, another short story, and three possible novels.
What are your current writing projects now?  My current project is Fireworks which is a time travel short story romance for another anthology. There is also some others which I mentioned.
Do you have any advice for writers? It’s never too late to keep practicing and learning. There is so much to learn from each other and keep reading. Reading has always helped me when I had writers block. Never give up and always seek advice from fellow writers.
Buy at Amazon
Genre – YA (PG)
Connect with Denise Alicea on Facebook or Twitter

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Books Sold - 6 Nov 2011 to 31 May 2012

Some of you have asked me for my total number of books sold to evaluate KDP Select so here it is. Bear in mind, that results will vary based on genre and author. Good luck and remember, Keep Moving Forward.

Total - 120,836

1. Excuse Me, My Brains Have Stepped Out
Amazon Kindle - 42,559
Paperback -
Smashwords -

2. Frequent Traveller
Amazon Kindle - 35277
Paperback -
Smashwords -

3. Dora's Essentials - Books, Blogs & Smiles 1
Amazon Kindle - 462
Smashwords -

4. Mirror Me Martha (Short Story)
Amazon Kindle - 281
Smashwords -

5. Drive On Hope (Short Story)
Amazon Kindle - 190
Smashwords -

6. Blog-A-Licious Directory 2012
Amazon Kindle - 1
Smashwords -

7. Pandora's Reading Room 1
Amazon Kindle -
Paperback - N/A

8. The Cat That Barked (Short Story)
Amazon Kindle -

9. Dora's Essentials - Examining Anxiety
Amazon Kindle -

10. Dora's Essentials - Books, Blogs & Smiles 2
Amazon Kindle -

11. Elevenses from Around the World
Amazon Kindle -

12. Genetically Modified Foods vs. Sustainability
Amazon Kindle -

Blog-A-Licius - Sherbet Blossom

SherbetBlossom

Blog-A-Licious

Dealightfully Frugal

Blog-A-Licious - The Few, The Proud, The Wife

Blog-A-Licious

My Soul Slippers

Blog-A-Licous - Textbook Mommy

Blog-A-Licious - Blue Frogs Legs

Blog-A-Licious - Pretty All True

Pretty All True

Blog-A-Licious - tbaoo

tbaoo

Blog-A-Licious

Powered by BannerFans.com

Blog-A-Licious - The Invisible Art

Blog-A-Licious - Rediscovering Domesticity

Rediscovering Domesticity

Blog-A-Licious - Quiver Full

Blog-A-Licious - Cori's Big Mouth

Blog-A-Licious - Great Fun

Greatfun4kids

Blog-A-Licious - Busy Wife

Blog-A-Licious - Steps To Happiness

Powered by BannerFans.com

Blog-A-Licious - Toby & Max


Blog-A-Licious - Amelie

Raising Amelie

Blog-A-Licious - Peas In A Pod

Blog-A-Licious - Riley

Blognostics - Poetry

BlogNostics

My Awards - September 2010

My Awards - September 2010
Awarded By Jo Frances

My Awards - May 2011

My Awards - May 2011
Awarded By Alejandro Guzman

My Awards - May 2011

My Awards - May 2011
Awarded by Kriti Mukherjee

My Awards - April 2011

My Awards - April 2011
Awarded By Roy Durham

My Awards - June 2011

My Awards - June 2011
Awarded By Sulekha Rawat

Book Blogs Community

Indie Author Blog Hop


indie author blog hop
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next

In Support Of

In Support Of

Support Me - KIVA

Celebrating Authors

Book Signing @

Read Me - E.Zine Articles

Copyscape

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software