Monday 8 April 2013

#OBSpringFling - Author Interview - PG Forte



Page 1 Page 2 > Page 3 > 
#OBSpringFling



What is your favorite quality about yourself? I can’t decide.

What is your leave favorite quality about yourself? My almost total lack of decisiveness. See above. ;-)

What’s your favorite place in the entire world? Hard to say. I’d have to go with California

How long have you been writing? If we’re talking about on a more-or-less full-time basis, about 13 years.

What genres are you most comfortable writing? Anything in the paranormal/fantasy romance realm

Did writing this book teach you anything and what was it? This was the book that made me realize that I could go on writing books indefinitely—that it wasn’t just a fluke, one-time thing. It was a great feeling!

Do you intend to make writing a career. Yes!

What is your greatest strength as a writer? Apparently I give good description. Even the reviewers who don’t like my books tend to give me props for that! LOL Maybe I have a back-up career writing travel brochures?

Have you ever had writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it? Suffer through it. It’s a terrible feeling. People who say it doesn’t exist, just haven’t had it yet! I sometimes find it helpful to go back and re-read what I’ve written, sometimes by the time I get back to the place where I’m stuck, I can figure out where I went wrong. A lot of the time I find that writer’s block is my subconscious mind’s way of telling me I’ve gone off-track. Sometimes the “fix” is as simple as changing point-of-view.

Can you share a little of your current work with us? Sure! A Taste of Honey is the fourth book in the Oberon series. This is Lucy and Dan’s story. When the book opens, they’ve been happily married for quite some time, but lately things have been a little strained. The reasons for this have been building since book two. There are some unresolved issues in their past that come to light and have to be dealt with.

This was the most challenging book I’d written, at that point. I still remember how difficult it was for me to get into “younger Dan’s” head during the flashback scenes. But I loved these characters so much!

How did you come up with the title? Well, I wanted each of the first five books in the Oberon series to have titles related to one of the five senses—so taste was a given. Lucy’s beekeeping plays a pretty big part in this story and the previous one, so honey wasn’t a stretch. Plus the lyrics to the Smokey Robinson song (I Second that Emotion) that I quote at the beginning of the book fit pretty well:

Maybe you want to give me kisses sweet,
But only for one night, with no repeat.
And maybe you’ll go away and never call,
And a taste of honey is worse than none at all.

Can you tell us about your main characters? Ah, Lucy and Dan. They’re one of my favorite couples. Lucy was one of the three main characters I had in mind when I started the Oberon series. She was already married in book one and—at that point—I hadn’t planned on giving her her own book. But the minute Dan showed up the chemistry between them was so obvious and irresistible, I knew I had to find a way to tell their story. Lucy has great spirit. She’s stubborn, fearless and unstoppable. She’s one of a few characters that I find myself channeling on occasion. Yeah, that pretty much feels as weird as it probably sounds. LOL! As for Dan—well, what’s not to like? He’s gorgeous, sexy and totally in love with his wife.

Why did you choose to write this particular book? My characters make me do it. Really. I used to wake up in the middle of the night thinking about their story and I could almost feel them hovering in the air by my bed waiting for me to get up and write something down! I actually had to stop work in the middle of writing book two to write out several scenes from this book because they were so clear in my head and I was afraid I’d lose that if I waited.

Will you write others in this same genre? Absolutely. I already have. This is the fourth book in the series. There are nine total, plus a couple of novellas…and more in the works.

Have you included a lot of your life experiences, even friends, in the plot? No. Even though some of them think I did. :-p

How important do you think villains are in a story? It depends on the story! In this book: not so much. In some of the others in this series: very, very important!

Do you have to travel much concerning your books? Not as much as I’d like!

Can we expect any more books from you in the future? Absolutely! I have no intention of stopping.

What are your current writing projects now? At the moment, I’m working on the fifth book in my Children of Night vampire series.

Do you have any upcoming appearances that you would like to share with us? Yes! I’ll be attending the Romantic Times Booklovers Convention in Kansas City (May 1 through 5). I’ll be at both book-signing events, so if you’re anywhere in the area, stop by and say hello!

Buy at Amazon
Genre - Paranormal, Romantic Suspense (R)
Connect with PG Forte on Facebook and Twitter

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Books Sold - 6 Nov 2011 to 31 May 2012

Some of you have asked me for my total number of books sold to evaluate KDP Select so here it is. Bear in mind, that results will vary based on genre and author. Good luck and remember, Keep Moving Forward.

Total - 120,836

1. Excuse Me, My Brains Have Stepped Out
Amazon Kindle - 42,559
Paperback -
Smashwords -

2. Frequent Traveller
Amazon Kindle - 35277
Paperback -
Smashwords -

3. Dora's Essentials - Books, Blogs & Smiles 1
Amazon Kindle - 462
Smashwords -

4. Mirror Me Martha (Short Story)
Amazon Kindle - 281
Smashwords -

5. Drive On Hope (Short Story)
Amazon Kindle - 190
Smashwords -

6. Blog-A-Licious Directory 2012
Amazon Kindle - 1
Smashwords -

7. Pandora's Reading Room 1
Amazon Kindle -
Paperback - N/A

8. The Cat That Barked (Short Story)
Amazon Kindle -

9. Dora's Essentials - Examining Anxiety
Amazon Kindle -

10. Dora's Essentials - Books, Blogs & Smiles 2
Amazon Kindle -

11. Elevenses from Around the World
Amazon Kindle -

12. Genetically Modified Foods vs. Sustainability
Amazon Kindle -

Blog-A-Licius - Sherbet Blossom

SherbetBlossom

Blog-A-Licious

Dealightfully Frugal

Blog-A-Licious - The Few, The Proud, The Wife

Blog-A-Licious

My Soul Slippers

Blog-A-Licous - Textbook Mommy

Blog-A-Licious - Blue Frogs Legs

Blog-A-Licious - Pretty All True

Pretty All True

Blog-A-Licious - tbaoo

tbaoo

Blog-A-Licious

Powered by BannerFans.com

Blog-A-Licious - The Invisible Art

Blog-A-Licious - Rediscovering Domesticity

Rediscovering Domesticity

Blog-A-Licious - Quiver Full

Blog-A-Licious - Cori's Big Mouth

Blog-A-Licious - Great Fun

Greatfun4kids

Blog-A-Licious - Busy Wife

Blog-A-Licious - Steps To Happiness

Powered by BannerFans.com

Blog-A-Licious - Toby & Max


Blog-A-Licious - Amelie

Raising Amelie

Blog-A-Licious - Peas In A Pod

Blog-A-Licious - Riley

Blognostics - Poetry

BlogNostics

My Awards - September 2010

My Awards - September 2010
Awarded By Jo Frances

My Awards - May 2011

My Awards - May 2011
Awarded By Alejandro Guzman

My Awards - May 2011

My Awards - May 2011
Awarded by Kriti Mukherjee

My Awards - April 2011

My Awards - April 2011
Awarded By Roy Durham

My Awards - June 2011

My Awards - June 2011
Awarded By Sulekha Rawat

Book Blogs Community

Indie Author Blog Hop


indie author blog hop
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next

In Support Of

In Support Of

Support Me - KIVA

Celebrating Authors

Book Signing @

Read Me - E.Zine Articles

Copyscape

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software