The Key to a Successful Book Sale: Social Networks
- Purchase an URL (1 and 1, BlueHost or Go Daddy)
- Set up a wordpress blog and use a side bar (widgets ) to showcase your books with a link to your amazon page). Blog at least one time a week.
- Set up a Facebook account for your book, your author or series name. Post relevant things: ask friends’ questions, share from other pages and place comments on your favorite pages. These will all help increase your facebook friends and get your page noticed. When you post a blog, update it on your facebook page. Only post 2 to 5 times a day.
- Twitter: You might want to wait a bit for Twitter but at some point it will be important to broaden your reach. It moves a lot faster than facebook and because of this, you can automate numerous posts via Hootesuite.
- Set up a pinterest account. Create boards such as: Best Kids Books, Best Fiction Books, Best Mystery Books, and Best Book Trailers. Be creative and support your fellow authors.