The Key to a Successful Book Sale: Social Networks
by Dr. Heather Manley
Those authors who don’t want to engage in the social media networking might be losing out on sales; especially, global sales. Blogging, twitter, facebook and pinterest may sound daunting, but in reality they are musts for all authors to establish a successful book brand. And remember, social networking is not about self-promotion, it’s about networking with other authors: sharing posts, re-tweeting, and re-pinning. All of this will enhance word of mouth for your book and let you meet a lot of new friends!
Below are my top 5 ways to get started on social media:
- Purchase an URL (1 and 1, BlueHost or Go Daddy)
- Set up a wordpress blog and use a side bar (widgets ) to showcase your books with a link to your amazon page). Blog at least one time a week.
- Set up a Facebook account for your book, your author or series name. Post relevant things: ask friends’ questions, share from other pages and place comments on your favorite pages. These will all help increase your facebook friends and get your page noticed. When you post a blog, update it on your facebook page. Only post 2 to 5 times a day.
- Twitter: You might want to wait a bit for Twitter but at some point it will be important to broaden your reach. It moves a lot faster than facebook and because of this, you can automate numerous posts via Hootesuite.
- Set up a pinterest account. Create boards such as: Best Kids Books, Best Fiction Books, Best Mystery Books, and Best Book Trailers. Be creative and support your fellow authors.
Buy at Amazon
Genre - Children’s (G)
A little bit more about Dr. Heather:
Dr. Heather Manley, who in 2001 received her medical degree from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland, Oregon, is a practicing physician whose primary interest is preventative healthcare for families. She is the author of the award winning Human Body Detectives, her children’s educational adventure series of story-telling books, eBooks, and iPhone/iPad apps. She also promotes wellness and naturopathic healthcare on her website DrHeatherND.com. She lives on the Big Island of Hawaii with her husband and two daughters, and is currently at work on the next Human Body Detectives adventure.