Monday 26 December 2011

Little Things Like Roses

By Steve Brunkhorst

If I had a rose for every time I thought of you, I'd be picking roses for a lifetime. - Swedish Proverb 

Mary had her own special kind of joy, and she knew exactly how to spread it around. She lifted children from loneliness into laughter, love, and belonging.

Each time she found a new home for a child, she gave the family one of her little homemade paper roses. It had become a tradition for her, and the families didn't ever forget it.

One evening, Mary was hosting a meeting for a group of new adoptive parents. Several families that she had served years earlier were also present. The new parents were able to gain support and learn from those who had been adoptive parents in the past.

One of the new fathers stood up to introduce himself. But before he spoke, he reached into his coat pocket and held up a faded, red paper rose. Then he explained.

"Twenty years ago today, I felt alone and worthless. I felt like I didn't deserve to have the things that others have. I was sure that my problems were my fault. I didn't know the talents inside me or what was possible for me. I realize now that I just didn't know all my options.

Then Mary brought two wonderful people into my life. They taught me what it was like to feel loved. They proved to me that I was special, and that God loved me for who I was. They not only loved me unconditionally. They opened a world of possibilities that I didn't know existed. My new parents told me, "Reach for your dreams!"

I did, and today I'm proud to be giving that chance to a child who started out just like me. My mother gave me this little rose. By now, all of you know where she got it so long ago.

This rose reminds me of the beautiful new lease on life that I was given. Mary sent me a new rose just yesterday. And my new rose symbolizes a new spring, a beautiful new beginning for my own little girl. It reminds me to show her what unconditional love is, and to teach her to reach for her own beautiful dreams.
Thank you, Mary, for the special little things like roses that tie our lives together. And thank you for all you've done for me and so many families over the years!"

One brief event can send our spirits soaring or leave us in quiet to ponder a new beginning. Yet it is also the very small things, like Mary's roses, that tie together the meaningful things.

One question, small yet powerful, can shift our minds into a tack sharp focus that can turn our lives around. We realize insights and solutions that previously evaded our grasp.

Are you looking for a special kind of significance, a special purpose that you can't quite reach? Take a look at your "roses", the little things that are all yours—things that make your heart sing. What are they? How can you share them with someone?

Everyone has a special joy that they can share in a unique way. There are new possibilities—new options.
Allow yourself to be with these questions. When the answers become clear, you'll find that your "roses" can make a difference. They can bring joy—even a new beginning—to you and many other people.

Share a "special rose" with someone today!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Books Sold - 6 Nov 2011 to 31 May 2012

Some of you have asked me for my total number of books sold to evaluate KDP Select so here it is. Bear in mind, that results will vary based on genre and author. Good luck and remember, Keep Moving Forward.

Total - 120,836

1. Excuse Me, My Brains Have Stepped Out
Amazon Kindle - 42,559
Paperback -
Smashwords -

2. Frequent Traveller
Amazon Kindle - 35277
Paperback -
Smashwords -

3. Dora's Essentials - Books, Blogs & Smiles 1
Amazon Kindle - 462
Smashwords -

4. Mirror Me Martha (Short Story)
Amazon Kindle - 281
Smashwords -

5. Drive On Hope (Short Story)
Amazon Kindle - 190
Smashwords -

6. Blog-A-Licious Directory 2012
Amazon Kindle - 1
Smashwords -

7. Pandora's Reading Room 1
Amazon Kindle -
Paperback - N/A

8. The Cat That Barked (Short Story)
Amazon Kindle -

9. Dora's Essentials - Examining Anxiety
Amazon Kindle -

10. Dora's Essentials - Books, Blogs & Smiles 2
Amazon Kindle -

11. Elevenses from Around the World
Amazon Kindle -

12. Genetically Modified Foods vs. Sustainability
Amazon Kindle -

Blog-A-Licius - Sherbet Blossom

SherbetBlossom

Blog-A-Licious

Dealightfully Frugal

Blog-A-Licious - The Few, The Proud, The Wife

Blog-A-Licious

My Soul Slippers

Blog-A-Licous - Textbook Mommy

Blog-A-Licious - Blue Frogs Legs

Blog-A-Licious - Pretty All True

Pretty All True

Blog-A-Licious - tbaoo

tbaoo

Blog-A-Licious

Powered by BannerFans.com

Blog-A-Licious - The Invisible Art

Blog-A-Licious - Rediscovering Domesticity

Rediscovering Domesticity

Blog-A-Licious - Quiver Full

Blog-A-Licious - Cori's Big Mouth

Blog-A-Licious - Great Fun

Greatfun4kids

Blog-A-Licious - Busy Wife

Blog-A-Licious - Steps To Happiness

Powered by BannerFans.com

Blog-A-Licious - Toby & Max


Blog-A-Licious - Amelie

Raising Amelie

Blog-A-Licious - Peas In A Pod

Blog-A-Licious - Riley

Blognostics - Poetry

BlogNostics

My Awards - September 2010

My Awards - September 2010
Awarded By Jo Frances

My Awards - May 2011

My Awards - May 2011
Awarded By Alejandro Guzman

My Awards - May 2011

My Awards - May 2011
Awarded by Kriti Mukherjee

My Awards - April 2011

My Awards - April 2011
Awarded By Roy Durham

My Awards - June 2011

My Awards - June 2011
Awarded By Sulekha Rawat

Book Blogs Community

Indie Author Blog Hop


indie author blog hop
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next

In Support Of

In Support Of

Support Me - KIVA

Celebrating Authors

Book Signing @

Read Me - E.Zine Articles

Copyscape

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software