Friday 2 November 2012

Author Interview - Shari Guess


Where were you born and where do you call home? 
I was born in Dallas, Texas, but moved shortly after to the mountain town of Evergreen, Colorado-about 45 minutes southwest of Denver. We lived in a small cabin on top of a mountain with a picture window view of 14,000 ft+ Mount Evans. Even though we left Evergreen when I was 9, that is where I left my heart. Evergreen is where I call home. Someday I hope to move back to Evergreen. Right now I live in an Evergreen-esque cabin-in-the-woods outside a small town in rural North Texas.

What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say? 
Once Upon A Baby: A Tale of Adoption” . It is a picture book telling about an adopted child’s journey and divine place in their family. It champions my LDS (Mormon) belief that families can be together forever.  

How did you come up with the title and cover design? 
The title came from a scrapbook I made when my adopted son was a year old. It was the title of that scrapbook. The cover design was originally designed to be different than the current cover. The original cover pictured a baby on a cloud. The current cover was taken from an interior page in the book. I felt that when people saw the book on a shelf it needed to be evident that it was a story about adoption. The original cover became the current dedication page.

Do you ever write in your PJ’s? 
All the time! If I never had to leave my home I would probably live in them!

What are your pet peeves? 
I cannot stand people when people are late or don’t communicate. Responsibility and follow-through are big things with me! I love dependability!

What do you normally eat for breakfast? 
I have this thing for fresh berries. A mix of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries are usually on the menu, along with a piece of sharp cheddar cheese and a couple of chicken and maple sausage links.

What are 4 things you never leave home without? 
My cell phone, my purse, a handgun and a phone charger.

If you were deserted on an island, who are 3 famous people you would want with you? 
That’s a good one! Dr. Phil, to tell me everything would be O.K., Kelly Ripa, to make me laugh and Songwriter Kevin Welch to provide the tunes.

One of your favorite quotes – 
“I’ve heard it said that sometimes the Lord calms the storm and sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child.” – John H. Groberg

List 3 of your all time favorite books? 
Jonathan Livingston Seagull”, “The Book of Mormon”, “Twilight”.

List 3 of your all time favorite movies? 
Always ”with Richard Dryfess and Holly Hunter, “Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium”, and “First Knight”.



Once Upon a Baby: A Tale of Adoption by Shari Guess

A heartwarming tale of LDS Adoption. Follow a child's journey from the Pre-existence to his family's home on Earth. The divine guidance of the Savior, along with the love and prayers of both birth and adoptive parents are gently and lovingly portrayed in this tender story of the ultimate "Happily ever after".

Purchase:


Praise:

"Shari Guess has written a "must read" for every LDS family. She made a relevant issue for our time seem simple, yet to the heart."
~Brenton G. Yorgason, PhD

"I cried grateful tears to finally find a book for our children that explains their unique place within our family in a spiritual way."
~Nancy Reynolds, CA


Author Shari Guess

SHARI GUESS is a proud, first-time children’s book author and lives in rural North Texas where she is “Mom” to her beloved 9-year-old adopted son, Garrett. Happily married to her husband Walter for going on 13 years they share their cabin-in-the-woods with a small herd of Great Danes and farm animals. Shari is currently a part-time real estate agent and property manager and prior to marriage worked for over a decade in the music business, spanning from Los Angeles to Nashville. She wore many hats as a journalist and publicist representing multiple recording artists, magazines and music publishing companies, along with being a part-time performing artist and songwriter. Her hobbies include choral, Americana and rock music, martial arts, photography, travel and anything in the mountains.

Links:


Tour Giveaway:

$25 Amazon Gift Card + copy of Once Upon a Baby
Copy of Once Upon a Baby
(Paperback open to US only, Kindle ebook for International)
Ends 11/30/12




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Books Sold - 6 Nov 2011 to 31 May 2012

Some of you have asked me for my total number of books sold to evaluate KDP Select so here it is. Bear in mind, that results will vary based on genre and author. Good luck and remember, Keep Moving Forward.

Total - 120,836

1. Excuse Me, My Brains Have Stepped Out
Amazon Kindle - 42,559
Paperback -
Smashwords -

2. Frequent Traveller
Amazon Kindle - 35277
Paperback -
Smashwords -

3. Dora's Essentials - Books, Blogs & Smiles 1
Amazon Kindle - 462
Smashwords -

4. Mirror Me Martha (Short Story)
Amazon Kindle - 281
Smashwords -

5. Drive On Hope (Short Story)
Amazon Kindle - 190
Smashwords -

6. Blog-A-Licious Directory 2012
Amazon Kindle - 1
Smashwords -

7. Pandora's Reading Room 1
Amazon Kindle -
Paperback - N/A

8. The Cat That Barked (Short Story)
Amazon Kindle -

9. Dora's Essentials - Examining Anxiety
Amazon Kindle -

10. Dora's Essentials - Books, Blogs & Smiles 2
Amazon Kindle -

11. Elevenses from Around the World
Amazon Kindle -

12. Genetically Modified Foods vs. Sustainability
Amazon Kindle -

Blog-A-Licius - Sherbet Blossom

SherbetBlossom

Blog-A-Licious

Dealightfully Frugal

Blog-A-Licious - The Few, The Proud, The Wife

Blog-A-Licious

My Soul Slippers

Blog-A-Licous - Textbook Mommy

Blog-A-Licious - Blue Frogs Legs

Blog-A-Licious - Pretty All True

Pretty All True

Blog-A-Licious - tbaoo

tbaoo

Blog-A-Licious

Powered by BannerFans.com

Blog-A-Licious - The Invisible Art

Blog-A-Licious - Rediscovering Domesticity

Rediscovering Domesticity

Blog-A-Licious - Quiver Full

Blog-A-Licious - Cori's Big Mouth

Blog-A-Licious - Great Fun

Greatfun4kids

Blog-A-Licious - Busy Wife

Blog-A-Licious - Steps To Happiness

Powered by BannerFans.com

Blog-A-Licious - Toby & Max


Blog-A-Licious - Amelie

Raising Amelie

Blog-A-Licious - Peas In A Pod

Blog-A-Licious - Riley

Blognostics - Poetry

BlogNostics

My Awards - September 2010

My Awards - September 2010
Awarded By Jo Frances

My Awards - May 2011

My Awards - May 2011
Awarded By Alejandro Guzman

My Awards - May 2011

My Awards - May 2011
Awarded by Kriti Mukherjee

My Awards - April 2011

My Awards - April 2011
Awarded By Roy Durham

My Awards - June 2011

My Awards - June 2011
Awarded By Sulekha Rawat

Book Blogs Community

Indie Author Blog Hop


indie author blog hop
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next

In Support Of

In Support Of

Support Me - KIVA

Celebrating Authors

Book Signing @

Read Me - E.Zine Articles

Copyscape

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Software