Wise Men and Other Stories is a collection of holiday-related essays that blends humor and poignancy in the tradition of Robert Fulghum, Dave Barry, Bill Bryson and other great American humorists.
This collection began with "Wise Men," an essay about the author's experience as a "wise man" in the St. Elizabeth Elementary Christmas play, and the lessons learned when he was asked to help another wise man who couldn't remember his lines. That essay was published in newspapers across the nation and broadcast on National Public Radio's "Morning Edition" program, and so began a tradition of holiday essays from Mike O'Mary.
Over the years, the essays in this collection were read as part of "Morning Edition" on Northern Illinois Public Radio, and published in the Sunday magazines of the Chicago Tribune, Denver Post, Rocky Mountain News, Baltimore Sun, Cleveland Plain Dealer, Detroit Free Press and elsewhere. Along the way, O'Mary developed a cult following for his holiday stories.
"O'Mary has a gift for simple, frank exposition of life's most poignant moments," says author Stephen Parrish (The Tavernier Stones). In Wise Men and Other Stories, O'Mary shares that gift with all of us.
- Tired of the same old dating advice and emotional dead-ends?
- Sick of looking for Mr Perfect or Miss Wonderful, always accepting second best, or ending up alone?
- Feeling frustrated because of all the time, money and effort you waste looking for your soulmate?
- Are you looking for more excitement in your relationships? If so, should you go for a Capricorn, a Scorpio, or a Gemini? Do you feel it's time to grow up a bit? If so, should you be on the lookout for a Libra or a Capricorn? And what about Cancer and Virgo? Will dating these astrology signs bring you pain or give you passion?
If You have FALLEN IN LOVE with a Gemini:
- Do you understand what it takes to win your partner over completely, and seduce them the way they like best?
- Do you know how to keep your lover satisfied and happy?
- Are you aware of the risks and dangers of loving a true Gemini?
- Or are you becoming more friends than lovers?
There's always more to know when it comes to love and relationships so why not download your copy of Longing for Love: Horoscope Compatibility for Gemini now and discover more about yourself, your sweetheart, and your romance?
You'll discover whether you have indeed fallen in love with one of the best star signs for you. Furthermore Gemini, reading this step-by-step guide will probably prove to be like holding a mirror up to yourself. Many readers have already discovered things about themselves that they never even thought of before, and you'll probably be the same.
Each Zodiac Dating Guide in the Looking for Love in Your Astrology Star Sign Series Shows You:
- How to seduce the star sign you want
- What to expect from your relationship
- The strengths and weaknesses of each zodiac sign match
- What to do when the time comes to say goodbye
- How to deal with your ex if you become more friends than lovers
- All 12 love-match combinations for your star sign.
Grab a copy of this no-nonsense dating guide now, and start having some more fun with your relationships.
An amazing true story that will strengthen your Faith in miracles!!
The author reminds us that God's ways are not our ways and his time is not our time. He states that "it is easy to believe when you know you're not going to sink. But try stepping out of the boat when you can't see the bottom. The safety nets are gone; there is no backup plan. You are walking on faith alone." Troy says he wanted to relate how at death's door, he found God's hope and peace and the reason for it all. We all need to keep on keeping on-and cling to Him in faith.
This is a very readable and powerful book about the author's experience in facing the ups and downs of kidney disease--a trial that, as he states in the first chapter, "would cause me to question who I was, all that I had believed, and God himself." We live through Troy's journey and the emotional and spiritual roller coaster with him, but always we sense God in control of the situation-even when all seems hopeless. I found myself eagerly reading, in suspense, to find out what would happen next and what God would do. Given the subject matter of dealing with a probably fatal illness, the book is not maudlin, depressing or sensationalized. The author merely talks to us as if to friends, sharing something wonderful and awesome that happened to him. He just seems to want us to appreciate how fragile life is and how good God is. He says he hopes we can use some of his discoveries about God's faithfulness in our own traumatic life situations, whatever they may be.
Troy couldn't have imagined what God had in store for all who were part of this story. Hollywood couldn't have scripted it. He humbly encourages everyone reading this book to believe that, no matter what we are facing in life, we can experience the revelation of what God has in store for our lives.
This book will speak to anyone facing challenges larger than themselves, whether it's job loss, financial ruin, family pain, or your own battle with illness. Miracles still happen and there is always "Another Second Chance".